Variance Permits


Development Variance Permits

Development variance permits issued by the Council can vary bylaw requirements pertaining to zoning, subdivision servicing, off-street parking, screening and landscaping, drainage and signs. Land use and density cannot be varied by a development variance permit.  The application fee is $500.
Development Variance Permit Application 

Board of Variance

A person may apply to the Board of Variance if he or she believes that complying with the Land Use Bylaw, Tree Management Bylaw, section 911(5) of the Local Government Act, or the Subdivision Serving Bylaw would cause that person hardship.

Board of Variance Application
Board of Variance Bylaw, 2006