Animal Regulation

Animal Regulation

Metchosin regulates animals and the licensing of dogs by bylaw. Metchosin uses CRD Animal Control Services for licensing administration and for animal control services.  Kennel licences may also be obtained through CRD Animal Control.

Dog Licenses

Dogs over four months of age must be licensed in the District of Metchosin. Licences are valid from January 1 to December 31. For more information on licencing, please see the Animal Control Bylaw below.  In Metchosin, dog licences can be purchased at the following locations:

Metchosin Municipal Hall
4450 Happy Valley Road

Metchosin General Store
4396 Metchosin Road

All dog licence renewals must be paid direct through the CRD Animal Control Services.

Animal Control Services

Please contact CRD Animal Control Services at 250-478-0624 for complaints and for animal control matters such as

  • animal impoundment
  • barking dogs
  • biting or dangerous dogs

Animal Control Bylaw, 2002